SLU provides Shanghai Government Foreign Student Scholarship (SGS), which is granted to excellent prospective international students who will apply for Bachelor degree program in SLU. SLU offers scholarships, with the aim to encourage those international students who excel both at study and character, sponsoring their academic pursuit in China.
Applicants, duration and amount of scholarship
Class A (full scholarship)
1 Tuition during the normal period of study, and insurance for critical illnesses and accidents
2 Monthly living allowance, granted to scholarship students at the rate of 2,500RMB/month for a total of 12 months
3 Provide on-campus accommodation.
Class B (partial scholarship)
Tuition during the normal period of study, and insurance for critical illnesses and accidents
二、申请与录取Application and Admission
1) Non-Chinese citizens in good health, no more than 25 years old in principle
2) Compliance with the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and the disciplines and teaching arrangements of SLU
3) Having graduated from senior high school or above, with clear motivations, diligent attitude for study and outstanding academic performance
4) Not being awarded by any other Chinese government scholarship at the same time
2、 申请时间Application Period
1st March - 30th May (except holidays)
3、 申请方式Application Methods
1) Students can log onto the Study in Shanghai website (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn) for online registration.
2) Log in to the International Student Registration Website of Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance (https://lixin.17gz.org/) to fill in the application information and submit the Online Application Form for International Student Admission online.
*In Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance International Student Registration Website, you can only choose Self-sponsored items. However, the applicant filling in the information on this platform is a necessary process for data collection. It won’t hinder the applicant from applying for the Shanghai Government Scholarship for Foreign Students.
3) Application fees
Application fee: RMB 400
How to pay: Applicants can directly come to our university to pay the registration fee, or pay the registration fee by bank transfer. The bank account information of our university is as follows:
Chinese Currency Remittance Information
Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance
Agricultural Bank of China, Pudong Avenue Branch
Beneficiary’s A/C NO.
No.995 Shangchuan Road, Pudong, Shanghai, China. 201209
*Please indicate the applicant's name or passport number when making bank transfers!
4、 材料审核与补充Material review and supplement
After the applicant submits the materials on the international student registration website, please check the letter on the platform in time and supplement relevant materials as required.
1) The Application Form of Shanghai Government Scholarships for International Students, in duplicate;
2) Online Application Form for International Student Admission (Submitted by Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance International Student Registration Website);
3) Passport (photo page and visa page);
4) The highest official diploma and transcripts. If the applicant is a student at school, he/she must submit the expected graduation certificate issued by the school. Chinese or English translations should also be provided for non-Chinese or non-English certificates.
5) The overseas study plan, a Chinese version or an English version
6) Two letters of recommendation
7) Certificate of no criminal record;
8) Applicants for Class B scholarships must submit HSK level 4 and above qualification certificates, and applicants for Class A scholarships must submit HSK level 5 and above qualification certificates (no such requirement is made for international students receiving all-English schooling, but students who are not native speakers of English are required to submit the academic transcript of IELTS score of 6 or above or TOEFL score of 80 or above, or the academic transcript of proficiency in English of the senior high school)
9) Other supplementary materials required for enrollment.
10) After the initial review of the platform is passed, please upload the registration fee remittance slip.
*An application with incomplete materials will be invalid.All the above-mentioned application materials and application fee are nonrefundable. School will check all the required original materials when registration. Those whose original materials are inconsistent, study qualification will be cancelled and students are required to leave China within limited days.
5、 入学考核Entrance Examination
Interview: student comprehensive quality and language proficiency (Chinese, English) are mainly examined.
1）Admission Principle is in accordance with the senior high school results, language proficiency, supplementary materials, interview results and school comprehensive evaluations.
2）The admission result will be announced in this website in early July, please check it on time.
*The results of checking admission is not accepted by calling.
3）Release of admission materials: SLU will successively issue Admission Notice and Visa Form for Studying in China (JW202 Form) to admitted applicants according to the contact information specified at the time of registration and the method of receiving or mailing the admission notice.
4）Enrolled scholarship students shall apply for visa to China at the Chinese embassy or consulate-general in the host country with their Visa Application for Study in China (Tab. JW202), Letter of Admission of SLU and Physical Examination Record for Foreigners, and handle registration formalities according to the time specified by the university; otherwise, it shall be deemed as the scholarship student having voluntarily given up the scholarship.